Monday, May 30, 2011

The first reason...

You hear about the families around the USA who pay little to nothing for groceries that would have cost a few hundred dollars. These families have so much excess that they have stockpiles in their basements and or donate to shelters, churches and neighbors. Now they have a show and it seems like they are flaunting this madness to the general public on major networks.

Thousands saved in the USA but when I walk into Wal-Mart they have a small sign up that says that they do not double or triple coupons. Stop and Shop seems to be a hit or miss if something doubles and the coupons that I have out of the New Haven Register or Hartford Courant or even the Advocate say only one coupon can be used or can not be doubled.

So, when I watch these shows or see these ladies on the news I am a little perplexed at how they accomplish this great success in free groceries with free monies left for their meats. I am slowly trying to use certain tips that they have thrown out there for me to nibble on. I know that I can not be alone in this needing to save money on groceries but not sure how to navigate through the Connecticut stores to make it happen.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, it is true that most manufacturer's coupons say "do not double" but all the stores I've shopped at in CT and other states double them anyway. It is the store's decision to give the extra discount so the manufacturer is not losing anything. The way that people use two coupons on one product is by having one store coupon and one manufacturer coupon. This is usually at places like Target that have their own coupons that you can print off of their website. Hope that makes sense. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may not be relevant to the comment above but I'm a little desperate.
    I live in Alabama, and I am an avid couponer. However my husband is being interviewed for a job in the West Hartford,Ct area and I'm curious as to what couponing is like in CT.
    Right now my main stores are Publix, and Kroger, however in my research I'm struggling to find similar. So I'm wondering what stores are best to shop in CT and what kind of deals you all have been able to snag.
    Here I have purchased my ketchup for just the tax on the item. Mayonaise has been as little as .50 a jar, with coupons I usually get my cereal for any where between .90 and 1.50 depending on the brand.
    Can anyone tell me what kind of deals I can find there. I'm worried about the cost of living and trying to get a handle on what groceries will be there.
    How coupon friendly are your grocery stores and which ones are your favorites?
    Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ct is harder to coupon in than most states. We have a high cost of living and dont have the really cheap stores but it is still possible. You just really have to do your homework. I just started couponing but to get the deals you list you have to put in time and research all the stores around. I use stop and shop for most groceries.

    ReplyDelete